At APA Medical, we are proud to offer the ability to buy incontinence products online.
Incontinence is a pervasive health issue that affects a significant portion of the population. According to the National Association for Continence (NAFC), one in five people over age 40 experience incontinence, an overactive bladder, or urgency symptoms. And while incontinence is most common in older and elderly adults, people of all ages experience bladder or bowel leakage.
More than 200 million people worldwide experience incontinence, but there are limited resources to help them manage their condition—if patients decide to seek out help at all: 70% of people with incontinence don’t seek out help for their problem. Why is that?
People living with incontinence know all too well the physical hardships that come along with it—the leaking, needing to bring an extra change of clothes everywhere, keeping things clean. What’s worse than the physical, and unless you live with the condition, the one thing you truly don’t know about is the shame that accompanies it. Those who suffer from incontinence see that it’s far more than just the occasional wet pants. It’s the hiding from your spouse or loved ones, so they don’t know that you’ve wet yourself again. It’s the avoiding of social situations where you don’t know for sure that a bathroom is nearby. It’s the embarrassment that comes from having to buy adult diapers or wipes at the local store.
At APA Medical we are empathetic to all of the concerns around incontinence, and that is why we are happy to be able to help you buy incontinence products online.
Know What Incontinence Level You Are
One of the most important things to be aware of when you buy incontinence products online is your level of incontinence (leakage).
Leakage refers to the urine or fecal matter that may leak from your bladder or bowels. The right product for you will depend on the level of incontinence (leakage) you’re experiencing. For example, if you leak about 1 cup of urine per day, you’d probably do best with a lighter product, such as a male guard or bladder pad. On the other hand, if you leak around 4 cups a day, you’d be better off with a disposable adult brief.
When deciding which product is right for you, use this incontinence levels guide.
- Minimal to Light Incontinence: You may leak urine when you sneeze or cough if you have light leakage
- Moderate Incontinence: If you feel the sudden need to void your bladder but have trouble making it to a restroom in time and leak before getting to the toilet, you may have moderate incontinence
- Heavy Incontinence: If you have heavy incontinence, you may leak because you don’t feel the need to void. You may also need heavy incontinence products if you are immobile and can’t get to a restroom
Buying the Right Size Incontinence Products Online
When it comes to sizing, it’s important to note that your pants or underwear size won’t be related to your incontinence product size. The way you find your size might also be different depending on which incontinence product you are interested in using.
Use this sizing guide to measure your height and weight to see which incontinence product sizes are suitable.
- Pull-Up Underwear: Measure your height and weight for the correct sizing
- Tabbed Briefs: Measure the circumference of your waist for the correct size
- Bladder Pads: Measure the length of your undergarments and consider your level of incontinence. It’s recommended to start with a pad that can handle moderate absorbency and the average length size of about 11 inches
- Chucks: Take into account your level of incontinence for sizing. It’s recommended that you start with a chuck that can handle light to moderate absorbency levels and increase as needed
APA Medical makes it easy for anyone to buy incontinence products online here on the APA website. We offer a full array of bladder pads, chucks, gloves, pull-up underwear, wipes, tabbed briefs, and hygiene and applicant items.
Buying incontinence products online is simple and easy through the APA website, but if you don’t find exactly what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to call us at 612-722-9000.